Hi all, I told you I’d be back to posting more this month.
New year, new resolutions to try to get done this year.
I must say, I have started off this year with a sore throat and I’m flat broke, not sure if that’s a good way to start the year. Is it like a sign of how this year is going to be? I sure hope not. But I’ve never been good at listening to the signs, so blah to that. At least I’m still alive, that’s a good thing right? Well maybe not for some. tee hee. Anyway, here’s to hoping this bad streak doesn’t continue.
First off, I know many people could care less about resolutions and making them, because they feel that they are going to fail them anyway. Yeah, well that’s true, many times you don’t succeed in getting them accomplished, but I for one like to make them. They are just goals I wish to accomplish during that year, I don’t always get to them, or get them done, but I like to have a plan on what I need, or want to try getting done that year. I’d like to state that I didn’t quite get all of last years resolutions done. Out of the 10 that I did, I only got 4 done, that’s alright, I’ll just try again this year.
And here we go to number one.
1. Improve my art, take my time to learn new techniques, and work on my problem spots and subjects.
2. Learn color and color mixing.
3. Light, I want to work on painting with great emphasis on light.
4. Working on creating my own still-life setups and painting them.
5. Learn to paint more impressionistic using brushes.
6. Enter my artwork into art competitions.
7. Get art prints and other accessories made from my artwork and photos.
8. Drawing, yes, you heard right, this time for reals.
9. Sewing, sewing, sewing, I have lots of fabric and patterns to work on.
10. Eating as much organic food as possible, at least 95% of it.
11. Spend more time outside.
12. Do more things for charity, through crocheting, sewing and painting.
13. Taking more photos to better my photography skills.
14. Learn to play my ukulele.
15. Learn to sing.
16. Buy more handmade, local, small business, and less China.
17. Try not to get so upset over the petty things, so not worth it.
18. Smile and laugh more.
19. Spend less time online looking and reading pointless things, instead spend that time conversing with friends or reading a book.
20. Read more books.
21. Save more and spend less.
22. Enjoy life as it is.
I think that pretty much sums up what I hope to accomplish this year, if I think of anything else, I’ll add it as it comes to me.
Hopefully I am more successful this year in fulfilling my goals. Wishing you all the best year yet.